Dealing with the Loss of Shorter



First, I noticed he didn't seem to be eating as much and then he stopped eating. I could see it in his face that he was losing weight. He was having trouble with the stairs  losing strength in his legs. I would stay behind him to help if needed.

I took him to the vet on Monday. He lost 35 lbs. They told me he had a tumor in his stomach and needed to be hospitalized. I know my dog and he would not have done very well with the separation. Remember he has torn out doors and gone through windows to be with me. He has always stayed by my side. We came home. That afternoon he fell down the stairs ... real bad. He never got up again.

He was drinking Pedialyte.  He was more alert Wednesday, Thursday, but he starting throwing up the Pedialyte. He was so sick. 

My boy Shorter died Friday at 6:00 am. He threw up and threw his back and fell over. He was gone. I believe his death is the hardest thing I have ever had to go through.
He came into this world just so he could love and protect me. A fine job he did for 12 years. I miss you Shorter.


~Blessings of Love2U ...
~Debbie:)

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Blogger Blogger Google pinterest
Contact me: Google Talk 4062339559 Skype montanadreamakerportal